People Underestimate the Value of a Good Ramble

Friday, March 16, 2012

Eliminating the Top 10

Since our move, as you may have heard, I cannot record more than one show at a time. Also, I have to watch the channel that's being recorded, so the DVR is basically useless. I mean why would I want to record the show I'm watching.  (To watch it over and over and, say, over again. Of course. Which is just crazy talk, right?) So anyway as a result of a severe show conflict on Thursdays, I find I am unable to watch American Idol when it airs. This basically means that I don't have to force myself to sit through an hour of eliminations. But it also means I don't get to recap that hour.

I'd do a recap of the show I did watch, The Vampire Diaries, but I don't want to.

In any case, it has occured to me that Top 10 is generally when I pick the order in which I think people will be voted off American Idol. That being said, I still don't feel like I have any idea who these kids are yet, so I'm not sure how this is going to work. But I decided to give it a shot.

Interestingly, at least if you're me, I started putting this list together Thursday morning before we knew who the Top 10 would be and I just started randomly listing them to get them into order and realized I only had 10 names.  I was missing someone and I honestly couldn't figure out who it was.  Turns out it was Shannon Magrane, so this clearly means I'm psychic. Or something.

Anyway, here's my list.  Every time I look at it I want to switch people around again, so I'm just gonna stop right now.  Keep in mind that Erika and Elise are basically interchangeable so either one could go at any time.  DeAndre and Heejun only hang on past them cause they are guys and people seem to like them for some reason.  I'm guessing it's cause little girls think DeAndre is cute and grandmas think Heejun is funny.

10. Erika Van Pelt
9. Elise Testone
8. DeAndre Brackensick
7. Heejun Han
6. Skyler Laine
5. Colton Dixon
4. Hollie Cavanagh
3. Jessica Sanchez
2. Phil Phillips
1. Joshua Ledet

I'm probably way off, cause I just think Joshua should win, not really that he will win. The winner will most likely be PhillipSquared, the resident WGWG.

But a girl can dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I do agree that Joshua is "fabulous" I think it's a pipe dream that he'll end up in the numero uno spot.

Oh and DeAndre has promised no more ballads. That ought to be a least good enough for him to outlast Heejun. LOL

Toni said...

I'm pretty sure Joshua won't win, but I changed this thing around so many times, probably based more on what I want than reality anyway, that I decided to just go with it.