I will admit that the recipe may be missing some amounts, cause I don't measure anything really and chili is really all so arbitrary. It's all about your taste, so if you want it spicier, add more chili powder, if you want it smokier, more cumin, hotter, more hot sauce, tangier, more brown sugar.
2 lbs ground beef
1 large vidalia onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large can diced tomatoes
3 cans tomato soup
1 can chili beans
Chili powder, cumin
2-3 Tbls Brown sugar
Salt and Pepper
2 tbls Flour
1/2-1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Brown meat in large pot with a little oil, add onions, green pepper and garlic. Let veggies start to soften.
- Add salt and pepper, spices, a couple of shots of hot sauce and the brown sugar.
- Add flour and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Then add broth and stir to thicken.
- Add beans, tomatoes and tomato soup, more salt, pepper and chili powder (to taste).
- Allow to cook over low heat for at least half an hour, stirring occasionally.