People Underestimate the Value of a Good Ramble

Friday, February 4, 2011

So What Happened on Idol Last Night?

Didn't watch American Idol in real time last night.  For one thing, on Thursday its opposite The Vampire Diaries and that's not a good place to be if you want me to pay attention to you. But, honestly, anyone who really knows me, knows that I prefer to watch Idol with my finger on the fast-forward button anyway.

I don't remember what happened. Seriously. I have no clue. I know I watched the show, but I have no memory of it.  Probably because TVD had several scenes with Ian Somerhalder in the shower. That sort of thing tends to confuse my mind for a while. Although I was a little unhappy at the beginning because part of the ep (still talking about TVD here) was wonky for some reason. Like the CW had some issues. If I didn't know I was watching an HD TV on an HD channel, I'd have thought someone was messing with the bunny ears.  The picture got all wavy and lined and then started flipping and finally settled with the bottom on the top and the top on the bottom, so that on the close ups people's mouths were above their eyes.  It eventually righted itself, but I didn't like it while it was happening.

But I still have no recollection of Idol. It's possible it was so bad that I've simply repressed the memory.  I plan on keeping that way.

In other news, I was talking to this woman yesterday. She was really nice and we hit it off right away, like you do sometimes with strangers. So we somehow got around to mentioning American Idol. I think I was telling her about my blog, cause why wouldn't I, and she told me about her crush on Simon Cowell and how she wasn't going to watch this season without him (just like me) and how she (just like me) somehow got sucked back in. It's like I always say, this show is evil and not in a good way.

Maybe it would get better if they had Ian Somerhalder in the shower.

No comments: